I am very skeptical by nature and had preconceived notions of meditation being a kind of a cultish practice. It didn’t help that most of the literature that I read on the subject, it was almost always explained in a way that made it seem like some kind of unscientific, mystical jargon, even by experts. But some books were very helpful in getting some clarity on the subject, greatly enhancing my practice.
Meditation has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life and hence I am sharing my meditation reading list (On popular demand) for anyone who wishes to learn about meditation.
1. Waking Up; A Guide to Spirituality without Religion by Sam Harris
2. Mindfulness: The Path to the Deathless by Ajahn Sumedho
3. 10% Happier by Dan Harris
4. Get Some Headspace by Andy Puddicombe
5. The Path of Individual Liberation by Chögyam Trungpa
6. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. (Tolle takes a few concepts too far. but still a good book)
7. Ruling Your World by Sakyong Mipham.
- Sameer Sewak
Sameer is a professional bubble wrap popper who likes to fly planes and pet animals in his free time.
Send your expression to us at email@example.com with a short bio + portrait + relevant contact information to have it featured on this site. Namaskara!